The trapped resident was pulled through the window of a burning house during a dramatic rescue operation that was videotaped on Wednesday in Lancaster.
The incident occurred at around 8pm on H-8 block 3200 E. Avenue, Los Angeles County Fire Inspector Flores confirmed.
One person, described by officials only as older, was trapped within the back room as the fireplace spread through the mansion.
Two people initially tried to assist the person before first responders from the fireplace department and the Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department helped with the rescue.
Video posted on LACFD The Twitter page showed that one firefighter attempted to remove leftover broken glass from the window frame in order that the victim could possibly be pulled out.
“He’s here. They’ll get him out in a minute.
Several people began to slowly drag the victim through the window as smoke rose from the room.
– Got you, brother. We gotta get you out of here, man, ”you hear the voice within the movie.
The victim was finally released from the room and loaded into an ambulance.
Flores said the patient was taken to Antelope Valley Hospital for treatment for smoke inhalation.
No details in regards to the reason behind the fireplace were available.
Suggest a correction